We understand that the government shutdown and resulting furloughs may have had a significant financial impact on many of our members, and we are committed to doing what we can to serve you by anticipating and responding to your
For our members who were directly impacted by this situation, Tyndall is here to help. Whether you need assistance with your Tyndall loans or you simply need additional funds to make ends
meet, we have designed an Assistance Plan that includes a number of options.
- Personal Loan Option - For qualified members who have been directly affected by this government shutdown, you may borrow up to $5,000 at a rate of 2.99% APR1 for a term of 36 months. To make the situation a little easier, your first payment is deferred for 90 days.
- Apply online - select "3.99% Personal Loan" as the Product and enter "Shutdown" in the Comments section at the end of the application (we will adjust the rate to 2.99% APR1),
- Contact our Lending Center at 850-747-4321 (877-747-4321, toll-free), or
- Speak with a Financial Sales Representative at any of our branches.
- Skip-A-Payment - Qualified members may be eligible to skip a Tyndall loan payment on one or more of their eligible loans.2 Please speak with a Financial Sales Representative for details.
- One-on-One Assistance –
Everyone’s financial needs will be different, so we believe it is important that we look at each situation individually. Whether you contact our Call Center, speak with a Financial Sales Representative at one of our branches, or send us a secure message through Online Banking,
we will take the time to look at all possibilities to help you manage your finances during this time.
Tyndall’s Everyday Options
– Although you may not need these products or services on a day-to-day basis, the following programs may come in handy during a time when your finances are stretched. Here are a few options
to keep in mind, should you need them.
- Share-Secured Loan – If you have funds in a Regular Share or Certificate Account, you may
choose to use those funds as collateral for a Share-Secured Loan at an
incredible rate. For example, if you have a Tyndall Certificate Account,
you may take out a loan against it (for at least $5,000). The loan interest rate is the rate you are earning on the Certificate Account, plus a margin of 0.99%.3
Since you continue to earn dividends on the Certificate while you are
making payments on the loan, you are, in effect, only paying the margin
of 0.99%. Click here for more information on Share-Secured Loans.
Don't need $5,000? No problem. Share-Secured Loans are available for any amount; ask us about the rate applicable to the amount you would like to borrow.
- Need to apply for a Tyndall VISA Credit Card or just need to increase your current credit limit? Submit your loan request online and we will review your request right away. Please put "Shutdown" in the Comments section.
Please note that your Tyndall VISA may also be used as an overdraft protection source.
- Interested in applying for a Tyndall Line of Credit? Credit lines are available from $500 to $10,000. Submit your loan request online and we will review your request right away. Please put "Shutdown" in the Comments section. Keep in mind that you may choose to use your Tyndall Line of Credit loan as your overdraft
protection source, just in case you need it.
- Checking Account Overdraft Coverage
– Tyndall has a few options available for overdraft protection,
including standard Overdraft Protection and Courtesy Pay. In light of
the government shutdown, it is important to ensure that you
have the proper overdraft coverage in place. We recommend you speak with
a representative to make sure you are covered.
Please click on the links for more information about Overdraft Protection and Courtesy Pay.
- FREE Budgeting Software – Through Tyndall’s Online Banking, we offer a free financial management program
called FinanceWorks. With FinanceWorks, you can set up your budget,
keep track of your expenses and spending, set up goals, and monitor your
progress online. Because the program is directly connected to your
Tyndall accounts, it is easier to see how you are spending your money
and enables you to manage your money more efficiently.
Please note that Tyndall's branch operations are not affected by this shutdown. All Tyndall branches will remain open to assist you, including the Tyndall Air Force Base branch; for branch locations and hours, please click here.
You may also contact our Call Center at 850-747-4300 (888-896-3255, toll-free). Call Center Representatives are available to help you from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Central.
None of our services will be affected by a government shutdown. Tyndall’s Online Banking, Mobile Banking, ATMs, Text Message alerts, etc. will all be available.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.1APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Subject to completed application and approval. Qualifying interest rate and term are based on creditworthiness, including credit score. Ask for your specific rate. Members who do not have their government pay directly deposited into their Tyndall account may be asked to provide verification of employment and income; offer valid only for those directly affected by the government shutdown. First payment will be due 90 days from the date of loan disbursal. Special rate begins October 1, 2013 and will be available for a limited time. Promotional rate available for loans repaid by automatic means only. The payment amount per $1,000 on an unsecured personal loan originated at 2.99% APR financed for 36 months would be 33 payments of $31.76. Offer subject to change without notice.
home equity and mortgage loans, mobile home loans, workout loans,
business loans, ARK loans, and student loans. Offer subject to approval.
All loans must be current to qualify. For Closed-end loans, a
Subsequent Action Form must be signed in order to participate in the
Skip-A-Pay program. Only one month’s payment per loan is eligible to be skipped. A loan’s first payment is
not eligible for Skip-A-Payment. If you choose to skip a payment,
interest will continue to accrue on your loan advance and it will take
longer to repay the advance. If you have elected GAP coverage you may
only skip a payment 2 times per contract. If you choose to skip a loan payment due to the government shutdown, you may be unable to do so during the standard Skip-A-Pay promotion later in the year.
3APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Minimum loan amount
to receive the margin of 0.99% is $5,000. The loan is amortized over
five years with a repayment term of five years. APR on Share-Secured
loans for at least $5,000 is the Share rate at loan closing, plus a
margin of 0.99%. APR on Certificate-Secured loans for at least $5,000 is
the rate of the Certificate, plus a margin of 0.99%. Loans secured with
a Certificate (minimum amount $5,000) that renews during the term of
the loan will also re-price to the new rate on the Certificate, plus a
margin of 0.99%. As a result, if the loan term exceeds the Certificate
term, the APR on the loan is variable and is subject to increase after
consummation. Loans may only be secured by a Certificate of 12 months or
greater or a Regular Share Account. The loan payment on a $5,000
Share-Secured Loan at 1.04% APR for 60 months (based upon our current
Regular Share rate of 0.05% APY, as of 09-01-13) will be $85.60. Rates
are subject to change at the Credit Union's discretion. Fees may reduce
earnings on the account. Offer subject to change without notice.
Limited time offer. Other restrictions may apply.
Member eligibility required; an initial $1 non-refundable membership fee will apply. Federally insured by NCUA.