How Can You Protect Yourself
How can you protect yourself?
Keep informed about the different types of fraud that are occurring. You don't have to be an expert on the subject – just be aware.
- If you receive a request for sensitive, personal financial information, you should refuse to provide any details. You should immediately contact the Credit Union at (850) 747-4300 or toll-free at 888-896-3255 to report the unsolicited contact.
- If you believe that you may have provided your confidential information through what you now believe may be a scam, please contact us immediately. We will assist you in taking the appropriate steps to safeguard your Tyndall Federal account(s).
- During business hours - Call us at 850-747-4300 or 888-896-3255, toll-free
- After business hours or on holidays - Call 1-800-VISA911 (1-800-847-2911)
- Keep your Internet Security software and spyware software up-to-date and active. If you opened one of these scam emails, you may benefit from running a scan of your PC to be sure that opening the email did not place key-logging or virus software on your PC.
- If you should receive any unexpected e-mail, text message, or phone call that seems to be from Tyndall and are unsure about it, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Please forward the suspicious message to us at email@example.com. It is best to provide us with the actual e-mail or text message, if possible, so we can determine the steps necessary to shut down any related fraudulent site. Otherwise, please provide us with any details you may have.
Please do not include any sensitive, personal information in this email - this is not a secure email.
- Call us at (850) 747-4300. Or, call toll-free outside our local calling area by dialing 888-896-3255.
- Contact a Financial Sales Representative at any of our branch locations.